Frequently Asked Questions related to Car Accidents
How do I know if I have a case?
A valid injury claim against an auto accident requires certain legally proven matters which include -
1. Existence of legal duty at the incident spot.
2. Failure of the accused to approach for legal assistance.
3. Injuries suffered by victims due to direct or unintentional faults of the defendant
4. Various damages caused and the ones that can be recovered from the accused person
In case, the victim can prove all of these credentials as mentioned earlier, then he/she might file an injury claim against the losses. A consultation with our injury lawyers would allow you to gain optimum compensation by all means.
What is a liability
A person held legally responsible for someone’s losses is defined to be liable. There can be multiple parties found faulty for the cause of a car accident. It can be due to some intentional actions or due to acts of failure.
What is negligence?
Negligence can be termed as the careless acts of a person or the irresponsible nature in fulfilling his duty. In the case of car accidents, proving negligence is mostly required from the victim’s end to gain the claim compensation. Negligence claims are necessary to prove certain things, such as:
- Violation of Duty from the defendant
- Breach of legal duty
- Causations of the injuries
- Damages or losses which need to be recovered
What does the word ‘damages’ mean?
There can be some significant expenses followed by a car wreck defined as ‘damages’. It is not only the medical bills or property damages but also some lost wages due to missed out time at the profession. ‘Damages’ is a legal term used to refer to the monetary compensation awarded to the victims of accidents. It can be broadly categorized into two sections –
- Medical expenses (present and future bills, costing of medicines, rehabilitation expenditures)
- Lost wages and income
- Earning capacity losses in future
- Property damages costs
Non- economic damages
- Pain and sufferings
- Loss of affection and enjoyment in life
- Emotional distress
- Disfigurement or disabilities
What’s the Statute of Limitations?
The victim of a car accident aims to litigate a claim to initiate the lawsuit to recover his losses. As per the Law, there is a limitation of time for filing the claim to collect damages. If anyone misses the deadline, he/she might be barred from gaining the compensation. An experienced lawyer has the potentials of guiding you in the right direction. Schedule a consultation with our car accident attorneys for immediate assistance.