Have you been injured in an accident while texting and driving?
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 10% of car accidents are caused due to distracted driving. It is also one of the leading causes of road accidents worldwide. Since 2016, texting and driving have been banned in many places including Guam, Puerto Rico, and the District of Columbia. The 2017 Traffic Safety Culture Index survey report conveyed that around 45% of the drivers admitted to driving while reading text or emails.
Surviving an injury from an auto accident can be a lengthy process. The entire journey only gets difficult when you try to do it all on your own. Hiring an attorney can help you understand the legal complexities and guide you through the entire process. Our lawyers are competent and highly experienced to resolve all complex legalities.
A few must-known facts about texting and driving
Accidents caused due to distractions are much higher than you think in the US and other countries. Here are some shocking statistics of distracted driving in the United States.
- As per the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety, the use of cell phones behind the wheels has increased the risk of a crash by 83%
- In 2017, 84% of TSCI survey respondents noticed that drivers get distracted while texting or emailing via their phones
- Although 96% of the population condemned texting and driving, 1 out of 3 drivers is still found guilty of the same
- Reports show that in 2015 over 15% of the auto accidents were due to distracted drivers. Out of which, 2100 of them were using their cell phones while driving.
Get a FREE review of your case
Recovering from an accident can be painful and emotionally challenging. All victims with severe injuries go through emotional turmoil and suffer from physical, mental and financial distress. It is crucial for you to get your life back on track and protect your legal rights.
You need the support of a qualified professional with relevant experience to fight on your behalf and cover sufficient compensation for the losses incurred including medical expenses, property damage, and lost income. Book a FREE consultation with our senior car accident lawyers today for complete legal support.
Why Use Online Injury Claimsz?
An auto accident can bring dire consequences and push you to a dark place. Most victims of severe accidents struggle to cope with the sudden changes and require professional help to overcome the physical and psychological challenges. Our team of lawyers are highly experienced and compassionate towards their clients. They understand the struggle a victim goes through and aim to resolve all complexities to help a victim get back to normalcy. When you hire us as your legal representative, we deal with all the legal complications on your behalf and tirelessly fight to get you the compensation you most rightfully deserve.
- FREE evaluation of your accident case
- Right professionals with relevant experience
- Quick and thorough evaluation for the right compensation amount
Don't hesitate to reach us with your queries. We are one call away to help you resolve all your legal complexities and get you the maximum amount of compensation for your future wellbeing.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Preliminary medical expenses
- Cost of major operations or surgeries
- Preliminary medical expenses
- Income loss
- Loss of time due to recovery
- Mental distress and trauma
- Physical sufferings